- Published: Thursday, 28 April 2016 19:03
FARNSFIELD BOWLING CLUB CONSTITUTION AND RULES OF CONDUCT
1) NAME The Club shall be known as the FARNSFIELD BOWLING CLUB (The Club)
2) Aim The Club exists to promote and provide facilities for the amateur sport of Bowls in Farnsfield together with community participation in the same.
3) MEMBERSHIP Membership of The Club shall be open to anyone interested in the sport regardless of sex; age; disability; ethnicity; nationality; sexual orientation; religion or other beliefs. Any person wishing to join The Club shall make a written application to the Secretary on the official form provided. The Secretary shall present the application to the Committee at their next meeting. The decision of the Committee shall be final. All members below the age of 16 years shall be classed as Junior Members and shall hold free membership. The Committee may expel a member for conduct or character likely to bring The Club into disrepute. The member may appeal against such expulsion to a panel of three other members appointed by the Chairman. All surplus income or profit is to be reinvested in The Club. No surpluses or assets will be distributed to members or third parties
4) MANAGEMENT The Club shall be managed by a committee comprising the Officers: Chairman, Vice-Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer, Club Captain, Green Keeper, League Captains, Catering Officer, Child Protection Officer and four other Club Members. The Committee shall meet on the second Tuesday of every month.
5) NOMINATIONS AND ELECTION OF OFFICERS Not later than the 31st August each year, the Secretary shall exhibit in the pavilion a form for nomination of Officials and Committee. Each nominee shall have a proposer and seconder and his/her consent must first be obtained. The list will be closed by the 30th September. In the case of unfilled vacancies nominations may be received at the AGM. In the case of excess nominations a secret ballot shall be taken at the AGM
6) ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING This shall be held as soon as possible after the 31st October each year. The Secretary shall give at least 14 days notice of the date and time of the AGM to all Members. At least 15 Club Members shall be present to form a quorum The purpose of the AGM is:
a) to elect Officers and Members of the Committee for the following year
b) to receive reports and audited accounts
7) EXTRA-ORDINARY GENERAL MEETING An EGM may be called by any five members of The Club who must give prior notice, with reasons, to the Secretary, who will then arrange such a meeting as soon as possible giving 14 days notice to members. At least 15 members shall be present at an Extra-Ordinary Meeting to form a quorum.
8) SUBSCRIPTIONS Annual subscriptions and competition fees shall be fixed at the AGM. All subscriptions must be paid at the commencement of each season. Any member whose subscription has not been paid by the 31st May each year shall be removed from the register of members. All lapsed members must apply to join The Club in the same way as new members according to Rule 3
9) COMPETITIONS The Rules for competitions shall be formulated by the Committee to meet the requirements at the time and shall be binding on all.
10) JUNIOR AND UNDER 17 SECTION This to be managed by a sub-committee comprising a coach(s), a Child Protection Officer and volunteer helpers. Each child will be registered with The Club as a member after appropriate “parental consent and contract” forms are completed. All “Junior” Section assets belong to Farnsfield Bowling Club.
11) WINDING UP
a) The members may vote to wind up The Club provided that no less than three quarters of members present and voting at a properly convened Annual or Extra-Ordinary General Meeting support the proposal.
b) The Committee will then wind up The Club affairs in an orderly manner
c) After settling all liabilities of The Club the Committee shall dispose of the net assets remaining in one or more of the following:
(i) To another club with similar sports purposes which is a registered charity and/or
(ii) To another club with similar sports purposes which is a registered Community Amateur Sports Club (CASC) and/or
(iii) To The Clubs governing body for use by them for relative community sports
12) DISPUTES Any questions of dispute arising and not provided for in these rules, should be communicated in writing to the Secretary. It shall then be referred to the Committee, whose decision shall be final.
13) AMENDMENTS TO THE CONSTITUTION Any amendment(s) to The Constitution shall be made only after such amendment(s) have been passed at an Annual or Special meeting by a majority of the members there present and voting.
14) RULES AND CONDUCT Members are required to observe the following rules in order to assist with the proper running of The Club
(a) GENERAL: Bowling shoes and mats to be used at all times
(b) SELECTION: Any member selected to play in a match and not able to do so should notify the Team Captain as early as possible. In no circumstances shall anyone other than Captains make alterations or cross out names on the Team Sheets
(c) GENERAL CONDUCT: Members are required to uphold the prestige of The Club at all times and to observe the rules of etiquette as laid down by the respective associations to which The Club is affiliated as displayed on the notice board.
15) FITNESS OF THE GREEN The Captain/Greenkeeper’s decision shall be final as to the fitness of the green for play
16) TROPHIES These are the property of The Club and are to be returned prior to or on Finals Day
17) NON/LATE ARRIVAL FOR LEAGUE MATCHES Members not turning up for the team or reserve without giving prior notice or having exceptional circumstances are liable to suspension for two matches.