Members may enter the following competitions, which are to be played by arrangement by the date specified on the Competitions Board in the clubhouse.
If your name is the first name on the Competitions Board for your match, then it is your responsibility to organise your match by contacting the other player or pair and arranging a mutually agreed date and time. For singles games you will also need to arrange for a referee/scorer for that match.
1. CLUB 4 WOOD SINGLES (21 shots) - Open to all members
2. LADIES 2 WOOD SINGLES (21 shots) - Open to all lady members. The winner will go forward to represent the Club in the County Singles the following season.
3. GENTS 2 WOOD SINGLES (21 shots) - Open to all male members. The winner will go forward to represent the Club in the County Singles the following season.
4. NEVER WON 4 WOOD SINGLES (21 Shots) - Open to all members who have never won a singles competition whilst being a member of Farnsfield Bowling Club.
5. 100 UP SINGLES - Open to all members. A 4 wood event in which 10 points will be awarded on each end played. ie. winning bowl 4 points, 2nd bowl 3 points, 3rd bowl 2 points and 4th bowl 1 point. The winner is the first to reach 100 points (Played for the Ivy/Clary Jennings Trophy)
6. GENTS 2 WOOD PAIRS - Open to all male members. Partners will be drawn in May.
7. MARRIED 2 WOOD PAIRS (21 ends) - Open only to married couples.
8. MIXED 4 WOOD PAIRS (21 ends) - Open to all members. Married members may not play with their partners. When entering this competition members should specify the partner with whom he or she will be playing.
9. AUSSIE 4 WOOD PAIRS (18 ends) - Open to all members. Partners will be drawn in May.
FORMAT: End 1, Player 1 bowls 2 woods, Player 2 bowls 4 woods, Player 1 bowls 2 woods
End 2, Player 2 bowls 2 woods, Player 1 bowls 4 woods, Player 2 bowls 2 woods
Until 18 ends are played.
10. CLUB OPEN 2 WOOD PAIRS - Open to ALL members who turn up on Finals Day by 1.30 pm. Pairs will be drawn on the day. The format is a round robin event with 6 to 8 ends being played over 4 to 5 matches, depending on the numbers that turn up on the day. This event is for any member who has not reached a final.
11. CLUB OPEN 2 WOOD TRIPLES DAY - Open to ALL members. Triples will be drawn on the day. The format is normally a round robin event of 4 to 6 matches of about 5 ends per match depending on the numbers that turn up on the day. The opportunity to take part will be displayed in the Clubhouse 2 or 3 weeks before the event. The top two triples will then play two wood 18 ends final on Finals Day.
NOTE : All competition finals will be scheduled to play on FINALS DAY. Please check the fixtures list for date.
Dress code will be Whites except for Club Open 2 wood pairs which will be Greys.