Why Join Us?
- Published: Saturday, 05 May 2012 02:40
- The rules are simple, easily learned, it can be played by all the family and you can enjoy the game from day one.
- It is a friendly game which ensures good company and be both competitive or purely social.
- It is a healthy form of exercise for people of all ages, and can be played indoors or out.
Bowls is relatively inexpensive game – most players eventually buy their own ‘woods’, but in the meantime ample stocks are available on loan free of charge at the club.
Club dress code for players in competitive matches is white shirt or blouse with grey trousers or skirt. In informal matches players may wear what they like, however to avoid damage to the playing surface flat soled shoes are mandatory.
Every Tuesday afternoon members of all levels of ability join together for an informal, light-hearted ‘roll-up’. This is an excellent way of newcomers learning the game and getting to know fellow members.
a 'rollup' game in progress
For members of a more competitive nature they can be selected to play in representative matches against other clubs see fixtures section.
a formal match in the local league
Also available is indoor Short Mat bowling during the winter season.
Benefits of membership are:
- free use of green at any time ( subject to rink availability )
- full use of clubhouse amenities.
- free loan of bowls if required.
- free coaching should you wish it.
The annual membership subscription is a very reasonable £30, and there is a small charge applicable to some games – usually in the order of £1.50. The subscription funds maintenance of the green, clubhouse and grounds, and is reviewed every year.
A four week trial period is offered to new members free of charge, and membership is free to juniors under 18 years of age. Arrangements can be made for members to receive instruction at a more convenient time if unable to attend afternoon sessions.
members of the junior section getting
to grips with the woods
To join contact: Adults Ivy Senior (01623) 882536 or Tony Williams (01623) 883392 Juniors Paul Ritchie (01623) 883391